Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal!

Big C LOVES oatmeal - let me clarify - my picky eater loves maple and brown sugar oatmeal from the packet - Quaker Oats Brand.  Let me tell you even with coupons the kid could eat way too many dollars worth of packets.  So I tried to make my own and let's just say she eats it about 4 times a week either for breakfast or a snack - IT IS A HIT!

Start with the Big Tub of Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
Syrup (I usually prefer real maple syrup but this was what I had this time)
Brown Sugar
Water

Place 1/4 of Oats in Bowl
Add 1 Tbsp of Syrup
1 tsp of Brown Sugar
(this feeds my 4 year old for me I would make double or triple
but wouldn't need to double or triple the sugar and syrup)

Add water so all oats are covered and there is some water floating above the oats.
Roughly 1/2 to 2/3 cup of water.

Microwave for 2.5 Minutes
Let sit in microwave for 2 minutes
Stir and serve with two ice cubes.

She eats every last lick!

Happy Eating,
Ash of All Trades

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Thursday: Bugs & Insects

Fallish Foods - Meal Plan Week of Aug 26th

Staycation!