My pledge to my family during this cookie sale is that I would not let it affect our dinner plans. Each year something always comes up and I end up dealing with cookies during dinner time. No bueno. We eat dinner as a family 95% of the time. The other 5% is because we have a sports/extracurricular activity and during that time whoever is home eats together. During cookie time the ratios were reversed!
We eat at the table as a family and we all eat the same thing. Shocker right. That doesn't happen very often anywhere anymore. Especially with a somewhat picky husband and a very picky 7 year old. Middle C eats quite well and Little C well she is a human vacuum cleaner. Although I know some of you eat dinner together this is a challenge for all!
Anyways back to the topic. Sunday dinners. I think the whole world would benefit from more family dinners. I however do not live in a bubble and know that this isn't reality. After a recent meal that was absolutely fabulous (here.) it got me thinking. What if we started with Sunday dinner?
A dinner that was somewhat fancier than the rest of the weeks meals and everybody ate it and they ate it together at the table. What a concept.
So here we go a family dinner challenge. Can you try to have family dinner together every Sunday? 2 Sundays a month? Every Sunday for two months? You name the challenge but join me and comment with your Sunday dinner plans.
Now let's be fair some of us have different schedules (heck half my neighbors are cops and work different schedules) - pick the day that works for you - Saturday, Monday, Wednesday? Make it your Family Dinner Night with a little bit of a fancy meal.
That is the first step. Pick your day of the week. Pick your start date and get ready. I will be posting some recipe ideas as well as blogging my Sunday night dinners.
Will you join me?
- Ash of All Trades