Book Review: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet


This book was given to me as a gift and let's just say the title and cover both scream "Ashlee Book" - very loudly.  Add in the fact that this story is about a Japanese American shortly after the pearl harbor attacks but told by the male in the love story and I was completely sold.  Honestly I read this one in three days and it only took me that long because well I have two kids and a husband that take up my time!  The masculine narration was very well written and maybe a bit too mushy for what a guy would really say but I enjoyed it because it's what I often imagine guys would be like if they didn't try to act all MACHO.  The formatting of the book was especially well written going from present day to past history in a well transitioned method.  While I think Lisa See's books are still my favorites this is one book I will give two thumbs up!  (PS Lisa See has a new book
coming out soon)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What good reads have you been enjoying?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theme Thursday: Bugs & Insects

Fallish Foods - Meal Plan Week of Aug 26th

Staycation!