We love to cook - just about anything and everything we love trying new things especially ethnic foods outside our normal upbringing (Mexican/American). So here is Moroccan Chicken in the crock pot. Super easy and super yummy! Even Big C who is one of the world's pickiest eaters devours these and asks for more!
5-6 Chicken Legs (bone in)
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Cooked White Rice
1. Heat Olive Oil in skillet then brown chicken legs evenly about 5 minutes each side.
2. In a mixing bowl combine: juice, tomato paste, cumin, curry, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Whisk together.
3. Place chicken in crock pot and pour the sauce mix over chicken.
4. Cook on low 8 hours or High 4.
5. Serve over white rice.
Browning the Chicken Legs
Place in Crock Pot and Add Sauce
Incredibly Picky Eater with Her Finished Leg
Both Big C and Little C gobbled up their chicken legs and asked for seconds. The hubs has always loved this recipe and asks for it at least monthly. Some tips:
1. Use bone in and skin on chicken in the crock pot it is so much more flavorful and doesn't get mushy (it falls off the bone but is not mushy)
2. Spray your crock pot with Pam or olive oil it can get sticky.
3. Freezer your leftover tomato paste in single tablespoon containers (ice trays for example).
4. Places like World Market or Winco have the best prices on spices.
Hope you enjoy!
Ash of All Trades